WORLDWRAPFEDERATION.COM

IN THE STREETS & ON THE WEB

The family of an Xbox addict, who recently died during a marathon session playing video games, is pleading to other parents to protect their kids from excessive gaming.

An autopsy revealed that Chris Staniforth, 20, suffered from deep vein thrombosis, which can be triggered by sitting in one position for long periods of time.

Staniforth, of Sheffield, England would play on his console for up to 12 hours in one sitting.

A coroner said his death in May was caused by a clot formed in the young man's left calf before it moved to his lungs. Once it reached there, it caused a fatal blockage.

Staniforth, who loved playing "Halo" with people all over the world, collapsed shortly after telling a friend he had been feeling painful sensations in his chest.

"He said his heart rate had been incredibly low but it went back to normal and he fell asleep again," recounted his devastated father, David Staniforth to London's Sun.

"Then he dropped a packet of chewing gum and as he picked it up, he jolted back and began to spasm."

The friend called medics, but it was too late.

Professor Brian Colven, an expert on blood-related conditions, told the newspaper it was unhealthy for gamers to spend long periods playing video games.

While deep vein thrombosis normally affects travelers on long flights, doctors are now concerned video gamers could be at risk too.

"There's anxiety about obesity and children not doing anything other than looking at computer screens," he said.



SOURCE

Views: 64

Comment

You need to be a member of WORLDWRAPFEDERATION.COM to add comments!

Join WORLDWRAPFEDERATION.COM

Listen to Scurry Life Radio For Artist Placement On The Site Contact: R5420records@yahoo.com
Featured WWF Buttercup StrawberrySiSi

Click Here

© 2019   Created by WORLD WRAP FEDERATION.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Subscribe